Coconut Ladoo is one of the Indian sweet recipes that can very easily be made for any festival. These can be made using fresh coconut or desiccated coconut, with sugar or jaggery to suit one’s taste. I made these with desiccated coconut, sugar, and milk. But they can be made using fresh coconut condense milk or frozen coconut as well.
The recipe made with fresh coconut and sugar made the traditional way for festivals and celebrations.
One of the Indian sweet recipes that can very easily be made for any festival.
- 2 cup Graded Coconut
- 1 cup Milk or 1/2 cup condense milk
- 1 cup Sugar (if you are using condense milk then 1/2 cup sugar )
- 1 teaspoon Green Cardamom powder
- Cashews broken as needed
- 1 tbps Ghee
- Step 1 Heat ghee in a pan, add nuts and roast till golden and set them aside.
- Step 2 To the same pan, add graded coconut, milk and sugar. If using desiccated coconut set the pan aside for 15 minutes for the coconut to soak well.
- Step 3 Cook till the mixture thickens and all the moisture evaporates completely. Add cardamom powder and nuts then mix it well.
- Step 4 Cool the mixture slightly. When it comes down to warm temperature, roll the mixture to balls.
- Step 5 Store coconut laddu in an airtight jar and refrigerate.
- Step 6 Use within 5 to 7 days.
Note :- To make coconut laddu, if using fresh coconut, you can use only half cup of milk or boil one cup of milk till it thickens and reduces to half cup. Then add sugar and coconut.