This French omelette recipe is a classic and versatile favorite. In cuisine, an omelette or omelet is a dish made from beaten eggs fried with butter or oil in a frying pan (without stirring as in scrambled egg). It is quite common for the omelette to be folded around a filling such as cheese, chives, vegetables, meat (often ham or bacon), or some combination of the above.
One of the first things a cook is tested their ability on to cook an egg omelette
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Chopped Tomatoes
- 5 to 6 Mint Leaves
- 1 Finally chopped onion
- Pinch graded garlic
- 2 Green chilly chopped
- 1 tbsp Butter / Oil
- Step 1 Mix all the ingredients together, except oil / butter.
- Step 2 Make a medium consistency batter.
- Step 3 Heat a tava or a flat pan. Smear some oil/butter on the pan.
- Step 4 With a large spoon pour the batter on the pan and spread it lightly with the back of the spoon.
- Step 5 The technique is like the way we make pancakes, you can even rotate and tilt the pan. Add some oil/butter drops on the edges & top of the omelette.
- Step 6 Flip and cook the other side, cook french omelette till both sides are cooked.
- Step 7 Serve french omelette with brown bread or buns and some coriander chutney or tomato sauce.