Hey, friends, I’m sure you must have heard about the famous Galouti Kebab of Lucknow. ‘Galouti‘ or ‘Galawati‘ means melt in the mouth. The history of Galouti Kebab is quite interesting, this kebab was specially created for the aging Nawab Wajid Ali Shah of Lucknow. Nawab had lost all his teeth but his passion for meat remained intact. So, this melt in the mouth kebab was prepared in his royal kitchens to satisfy the Nawab’s love for meat.
The Galouti Kebabs are traditionally prepared by marinating the finely ground meat with unripe papaya and a mix of exotic spices. The keema is then shaped into patties shape and fried in oil or ghee. Interestingly, the original recipe is said to have a mix of more than 100 spices. The Galouti kebabs have the taste that you just cannot compare with anything else. So, whether a foodie or not, you must try this exotic and mouthwatering Galouti Kebab recipe and refresh your taste-buds.
Exotic and mouth-watering Galouti Kebab recipe to refresh your taste-buds.
- 1 Kg Mutton keema
- Unripe papaya paste
- 4 tablespoon Onion paste
- tablespoon Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon Cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon Yellow chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Chana (gram) powder roasted Roasted
- 2 tablespoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Mace powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon Salt as per taste
- 3 tablespoon Oil or ghee
- 1 piece Coal Our magic ingredient
- 1/2 Fennel seeds powder
- Pinch of soak saffron
- 4 tablespoon Curd
- 1/2 piece Lemon juice
- Step 1 Wash the mutton keema properly with water.
- Step 2 Marinate the keema with the unripe papaya paste, onion paste, ginger-garlic paste, mace powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, yellow chilli powder, chana powder, cardamom powder, lemon juice, curd and salt, mix it well and keep it in refrigerator for an hour.
- Step 3 After an hour, take out the keema mixture out of refrigerator and make medium sized tikkis out of the mixture.
- Step 4 Heat oil or ghee in a pan and fry the tikkis on very low heat for 15-20 minutes on each side.
- Step 5 Make sure the keema is cooked well, both sides of the kebab gets golden brown in colour.
- Step 6 Once the kebabs are perfectly cooked, transfer them to a serving platter. Eat this Galouti kebab in the Lucknow style with the paratha. You will never forget the awesome taste of this dish.