This cooling yogurt drink, popular throughout the Indian subcontinent, has a number of things to recommend it. First, it is utterly delicious, as anyone who has thrown caution and official advice about only drinking sealed bottles of water to the wind will testify – creamy and sweet-sour, sometimes salty, sometimes subtly spiced and never less than utterly refreshing. Second, it falls into that happy category of desserts masquerading as drinks, which means it is quite acceptable to put one away while you’re waiting for your food to arrive, then demolishes another one immediately afterward, even as you wave away suggestions of pudding.
You can use either canned mango pulp or cubed fresh or frozen mango. If you use fresh, you’ll want to use a ripe, sweet mango. If your mango isn’t ripe enough it will be too tart and you’ll have to add more sugar or honey than you would like.
Sweet and rich mango lassi, with mango, milk, yogurt, sugar. This Indian drink is like a mango milkshake and is delicious. A super easy recipe and takes only 5 minutes to make!
- 1 cup Mango Pulp
- 3 cup Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Chocolate sauce
- Crushed Ice As required
- 15-20 pieces Pistachios
- Rose Petals for garnishing
- Step 1 Transfer mango pulp into a blender, add sugar and blend. Add yogurt and blend again then add crushed ice and blend to a smooth mixture.
- Step 2 Take serving glasses. Put chocolate sauce in a squeezy bottle. Squeeze the sauce on the inner sides of the glasses in form of stripes. Pour lassi and fill up the glasses.
- Step 3 Garnish with some mango pieces, rose petals and with some pistachio slivers.
- Step 4 Serve chilled and enjoy .